Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, y'all. new to the board, and was wondering about some things.
i want to put a center console and overhead console in my 97 dakota sport. the overhead i found that i like is the longer one from either a quad cab or durango. only problem is, it has the directional compass and temp gauge in it. are the senders for this integral, or do i need to locate and wire them in?
also, will my roof structure have the attaching points for it?
the truck currently has the buckets and what we used to call a "buddy seat"/fold down arm rest. ive seen full length consoles in durangos and dakotas that are much nice, giving me two individual buckets, more storage, and useful cupholders. does this have to be out of a dakota, or can i nab it from a durango and have it fit?
thanks for any help that you can give
michael

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
dusterbd13 said:
hey, y'all. new to the board, and was wondering about some things.
i want to put a center console and overhead console in my 97 dakota sport. the overhead i found that i like is the longer one from either a quad cab or durango. only problem is, it has the directional compass and temp gauge in it. are the senders for this integral, or do i need to locate and wire them in?
also, will my roof structure have the attaching points for it?
the truck currently has the buckets and what we used to call a "buddy seat"/fold down arm rest. ive seen full length consoles in durangos and dakotas that are much nice, giving me two individual buckets, more storage, and useful cupholders. does this have to be out of a dakota, or can i nab it from a durango and have it fit?
thanks for any help that you can give
michael
Vehicles which did not come with the overhead console from the factory do not have the sensors and wiring installed - if you want to add one later you must purchase one from the same model year (each year has different electronics) as your vehicle, and then you must run all new wiring and sensors. A junkyard may have what you're looking for.

To be a direct fit you will need to get bucket seats and a console from another Dakota. The Durango equipment can fit, but the seat tracks aren't spaced the same as the Dakota so you would need to take a set of seat tracks off of a pair of Dakota seats and mate them to the Durango seats.

FYI: There is a pair of Dakota leather seats plus a center console on E-Bay right now - they're light gray, and the last I saw the bidding was only at $127

1 - 3 of 3 Posts