Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me whether or not the 98-99' style center console will mount up in the newer interior (01+)? If its not a direct replacement and anybody has done it, what had to be done to get it to work? Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
Can anybody tell me whether or not the 98-99' style center console will mount up in the newer interior (01+)? If its not a direct replacement and anybody has done it, what had to be done to get it to work? Thanks.
Nope. The shape of the hump in the floor pan is different. The '01+ is flat an the '98-'99 is more curved and rounded. :sorry:

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
cut the bottom to match the bottom of ur console.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
buy my console and send it to him to do his work and u will have the only one!

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buy my console and send it to him to do his work and u will have the only one!
Haha it'd be easier to modify a 99 console to work, maybe.. Plausible at the very least.

He has a mold for the insert that he bought from someone else (Glen Renzoni, I believe). So he just lays the fiberglass, resin, etc in the mold or whatever the process is (I clearly have no idea). To have a newer console done, a completely new mold would have to be made by someone who knows what they're doing. Plus I think where the newer console flattens out is a lot closer to the dash and things wouldnt line up. Something a little more custom would probably have to be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts