Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering upgrading the cams in my 2000 4.7L dak, currently with the non-HO engine. I figure I should upgrade to the HO intake manifold for whatever cams I change to, but I'm wondering if I would be better off just going with the mopar HO cams or if I should go with something a little more aftermarket without a major increase in cost like the KRC 200 cams?

Any opinions or suggestions on others to look at would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
The HO cams are the exact same thing as the KRC 200's. There's nothing different between them, except the name and the price. IMO I wouldn't waste any time with the HO cams, but would do the 206's at the least. I personally pick the 212's for the minimum and the 224's at the max, since I would run a Paxton soon after that. For you, I'd go with the 206's though...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep, don't waste your time with the same grind as the HO cams. I have the HO cams and I am not very impressed. I am going bigger as soon as I get these gears installed :drive: .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still new to Dodge trucks, so I'm still struggling with what options I have. Cost was kind of my driving factor at thsi time for considering the HO cams or the KRCs, but it sounds like I'd be a lot better off till I have the money for the better ones so I'll wait. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I get cams installed this fall, ill be going with
Dan also. He is only 20 min's away from my place :drive:
Ive never met the guy, but have heard of him through the locals for a long time. This is my first Dodge actually. :banana2:
I wish they would be cut out of blanks, I havent heard all that good of things from regrinds(in general), although I have'nt heard of anything to bad in my search's on here about really any cam so thats good.

·
Registered
347 Posts
As far as price goes, I can't complain about KRC. I live close to KRC and I am at his shop at least a couple times a week. Marty has done work for me and I can't complain :bow: He has definitely looked out for me and I will be back to see him for some more work :clap2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.