Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering upgrading the cams in my 2000 4.7L dak, currently with the non-HO engine. I figure I should upgrade to the HO intake manifold for whatever cams I change to, but I'm wondering if I would be better off just going with the mopar HO cams or if I should go with something a little more aftermarket without a major increase in cost like the KRC 200 cams?

Any opinions or suggestions on others to look at would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
The HO cams are the exact same thing as the KRC 200's. There's nothing different between them, except the name and the price. IMO I wouldn't waste any time with the HO cams, but would do the 206's at the least. I personally pick the 212's for the minimum and the 224's at the max, since I would run a Paxton soon after that. For you, I'd go with the 206's though...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep, don't waste your time with the same grind as the HO cams. I have the HO cams and I am not very impressed. I am going bigger as soon as I get these gears installed :drive: .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still new to Dodge trucks, so I'm still struggling with what options I have. Cost was kind of my driving factor at thsi time for considering the HO cams or the KRCs, but it sounds like I'd be a lot better off till I have the money for the better ones so I'll wait. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does Dan the fastman have his own grinds, or does he use someone elses? Also, are the cams that KRC sells regrinds of stockers, or brand new ones cut from blanks?
Thanks.

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
Dan has the same grinds as KRC, just at lower prices. I heard they were just HO cams cutomed by Comp Cams. When I get a set, they'll be from Dan (the man) that's for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I get cams installed this fall, ill be going with
Dan also. He is only 20 min's away from my place :drive:
Ive never met the guy, but have heard of him through the locals for a long time. This is my first Dodge actually. :banana2:
I wish they would be cut out of blanks, I havent heard all that good of things from regrinds(in general), although I have'nt heard of anything to bad in my search's on here about really any cam so thats good.

·
Registered
557 Posts
As far as price goes, I can't complain about KRC. I live close to KRC and I am at his shop at least a couple times a week. Marty has done work for me and I can't complain :bow: He has definitely looked out for me and I will be back to see him for some more work :clap2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts