Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm no electronics expert. With that out of the way, I'm looking for info about the possibility of taking the LCD screen off a COMPAQ Presario laptop (screen works fine, laptop not so good), and mating it with a DVD player for use as second seat entertainment in the D. Any help would be appreciated. I can take care of the fab work to mount it to the headliner/roof, but know nothing about compatibility. Any suggestions of where to go for info? :help:

J

·
0 Posts
Difficult. You'd need the driver/display electronics and such. Just use an aftermarket screen, they are very common these days and don't cost much. Video-In and Power. Easy. The laptop screen has some ribbon cable and no internal display driver electronics. I vote aftermarket, skip the laptop hack.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The laptop hack will cost you WAY more in the long run, and give you worse performance! (I am a PC TECH)

There are plenty of name brand screens out there for less than $200

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
i am no pc tech and i can tell you that will b very, very difficult. but if u get it done i would b very impressed.

J

·
0 Posts
He didn't say he's installing a car-pc project. Seems like he just wants a DVD monitor. That's why I said a laptop screen is a huge hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts