Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally gonna get rid of the flowmaster 40 and put in a true dual system from the headers back. I found my headers, bought a Bassani X pipe, think I'm gonna go with the Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers and dump them right before the axle. I've already dropped the cash for the x pipe, but I'm wondering if anyone has an x pipe on their truck or the same muffler I'm going to use? Performance gains, mileage gains(doubtful), overall sound quality, any other tidbits would be appreciated.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
I plan to do somin very similiar, make sure to post how it turns out.

How much did ya pay for the x pipe?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$50. It's made for a LS1 camaro, but Josh never put it on and sold me just the x pipe. You can get a universal for around $60-100 depending on the brand.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna buy some JBA headers, the Bassani X pipe, and two Dynomax mufflers and let a muffler shop run alll my piping

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Well I think you are on the right track with the X-pipe, but Dynomax sucks, i would go back the the flowmasters, or mayne Magnaflow, or even Spintech.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Flowmaster super 40 series :mullet: :biggthump

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard the Dynhomax ultra flow muffler on a 95 LT1 with an h pipe and i almost shit. That's the only reason I'm gonna give it a shot. I checked out their site and there's one clip of a 99 cobra with headers and an x pipe that was insane. Mine's only a 3.9, which sucks, but I really want to see what kind of sound I can get out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts