Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
heres a hint. i have read this, i have NOT tried this. to pass tailpipe test. let the gas get down to 1/4 tank. add to the tank 3-5 gal of methanol. it will run very bad but it should pass. please NOTE i have NOT done this, i dont know how well it will work. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was thinking about going 408 in my r/t in Fort Collins but with the new test it will not pass they are too strict. You can try registering it with a friend out of the emmissions zone but besides that strokers are a no go. I decided that I am going to do a hemi swap. The jeep guys are getting them to pass emissions so I know I wont have any issues. You can call Randy Bernclaw a the emissions center on Mulberry in Fort Collins. He is one of the main guys and really knows his stuff he was a shop owner before he got into that racquet.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about going 408 in my r/t in Fort Collins but with the new test it will not pass they are too strict. You can try registering it with a friend out of the emmissions zone but besides that strokers are a no go. I decided that I am going to do a hemi swap. The jeep guys are getting them to pass emissions so I know I wont have any issues. You can call Randy Bernclaw a the emissions center on Mulberry in Fort Collins. He is one of the main guys and really knows his stuff he was a shop owner before he got into that racquet.
isnt a hemi swap alot more with? like electrical wiring harness, computer and motor mounts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts