Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a huge fan of the Durango R/T's ever since they were released. The little things that made them what they were like the rims, interior and ofcourse engine weren't huge differences but well placed ones.

How do you guys see the R/T's hodling up collectibility wise and value in the future?

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
Only the Shelby's with Powerdyne superchargers. Otherwise, the parts to clone the R/T's is widely available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the Shelby's with Powerdyne superchargers. Otherwise, the parts to clone the R/T's is widely available.
true but a clone is one thing and a real R/T is another you can clone many old school muscle cars aswell but they will never be the real deal.

I don't see the RT's being highly collectablle but i do see them some what fairly desirable as time goes by. Tell how often do you see a Durango R/T o nthe street? Don't know about other places but around here(cali) they are no that common.

·
the DOC can SUCK IT !!!
2,523 Posts
2003 was the last year R/Ts were produced with a total of under 3100 trucks leaving the assembly line. i would consider the Durango R/T rare given the overall production run.

·
17,622 Posts
I wouldn't consider the Durango R/Ts any more collectable than the Dakota R/Ts. Right now, unless someone has put a lot of work into them, they don't bring any more money than "normal" Durango/Dakotas. Especially on the Durangos since you can get a SLT with all the same options other than the wheels/decals.

·
the DOC can SUCK IT !!!
2,523 Posts
I wouldn't consider the Durango R/Ts any more collectable than the Dakota R/Ts. Right now, unless someone has put a lot of work into them, they don't bring any more money than "normal" Durango/Dakotas. Especially on the Durangos since you can get a SLT with all the same options other than the wheels/decals.
that may be true, but they produced tens of thousands of durango SLTs, hell, almost every durango was an SLT but only 3100 were R/Ts in 2003. like i said earlier, due to the low production in 2003, i'd say the Durango R/T is rare. i would even bet there are fewer than 2500 on the road today.

·
17,622 Posts
There are a few Durango R/Ts in this area. It will be at least 20-30 years before they'd ever be close to a "collectors" vehicle, and even then probably only to die hards.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Will SUVs be collectible? Old Broncos have value but you rarely see anything else that was an SUV from the 60's and 70's at car shows.

·
17,622 Posts
Restores IH Scouts are pretty popular for the off roading crowd, but I wouldn't say they are collectable in the show scene way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree the Durango and Dakota R/T's should and might always be on the same page as far as collectiblity.

Like i mentioned earlier the things that made the Durango an R/T were done very well and tastfull. It was a very mean looking truck.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
i see rango r/ts all the time. there are a lot more than 3100... maybe only in 03, but from 98-03 im sure there were a lot more than 3100 r/t rangos. they were only available in AWD, so i wold guess you would see more in the northern states.

ive wondered about the collect-ability on these trucks too. even though the r/t rango will be more rare, they still wont be as collectible as the truck. even now, ppl arent that into them. id say this sight is made up of 75%trucks and 25% durangos.

·
the DOC can SUCK IT !!!
2,523 Posts
i see rango r/ts all the time. there are a lot more than 3100... maybe only in 03, but from 98-03 im sure there were a lot more than 3100 r/t rangos. they were only available in AWD, so i wold guess you would see more in the northern states.

ive wondered about the collect-ability on these trucks too. even though the r/t rango will be more rare, they still wont be as collectible as the truck. even now, ppl arent that into them. id say this sight is made up of 75%trucks and 25% durangos.
between 2000-2003 nearly 25k Durango R/Ts were produced, according to dodge, with 2003 having the fewest. i don't have the numbers for 2000, i have them for 2001-2003:

In 2001 there was 7,339 made
In 2002 there was 3,890 made
In 2003 there was 3,076 made

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are a few Durango R/Ts in this area. It will be at least 20-30 years before they'd ever be close to a "collectors" vehicle, and even then probably only to die hards.
Im in cali and you never really see r/t durango's around here. But when you do it seems ppl know what they have and they look better taken care of than a non r/t.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Durango R/T New Owner

I am reading this thread and see we are saying only 3,076 Durango R/T were built in 2003. I am very surprised it is so low. I just bought mine last week, and when looking at ads there were over 30 on Auto Trader.Com alone and more on Craigslist. I was lucky to find one with only 57k on it as most were over 100k. Are we sure of these production numbers from 2000-2003 for the R/T and do we have a breakdown by color. It was indicated that only 354 were Atlantic Blue; how many Flame Red?

·
17,622 Posts
Where at in Cali?? I'm in Lemoore now and I've seen three or four in the three weeks I've been here. All of them just regular daily drivers. Nothing special and not in immaculate condition.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I can't remember seeing a Durango rt, but I see a few rt Dakotas every week. Value is dependent upon demand as well as the rarity of something, and it doesn't seem like people really demand these things all that much. The one guy I know with one doesn't even seem to appreciate that only about 17,000 Dakotas were ever made because he is more concerned about how the truck blows through gas.

Was yellow only used for rts or could you get that color in the other versions?

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
I can't remember seeing a Durango rt, but I see a few rt Dakotas every week. Value is dependent upon demand as well as the rarity of something, and it doesn't seem like people really demand these things all that much. The one guy I know with one doesn't even seem to appreciate that only about 17,000 Dakotas were ever made because he is more concerned about how the truck blows through gas.

Was yellow only used for rts or could you get that color in the other versions?
Demand is the big part. There are actually more Vipers on the road than Dakota R/Ts, but I don't think anyone would claim that a Dak R/T is more collectible than a Viper. :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts