Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Super Modder
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: dropping

D-Draggin said:
Not to bust anyone's chops. But when i bought my 3/3 Drop from DJM, it clearly stated "Can not use stock tires with this product". I have the lower controls in the front/blocks in the rear and my driving is smooth. People always ask me how I lowered it because the ride is so smooth. I believe that answer is in the lower control arms because you are still useing the stock spring. That is just my two cents.

Later,
thats exactly what i thought about the spring swap...but hotchkis changes the spring so that gotta be a good thing right?

· Super Modder
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: control arms

my element said:
I installed control arms in front a hangers in back of my 01 rt

the out come was ok handling was effected big time suspension was bouncy even changed to toxic shocks, stock tires rubbed tops of fenders, rims hit control arms. I had to buy some lower profiles tires and diffrent rims with diffrent offset, diffrent shocks and it still handled like crap. If you cant live without droppin it do your home work talk to as many people as you can... the hotchkis setup looks good but I dont know.

john
shocks make a big difference, also your stock tires...toxic shocks suck first of all and to combine a stiff shock with stock tires=bouncy ride. performance shocks like tokiko or bilstien or even rancho shocks that are adjustable are a good way to go.
as far as the control arms...i dont see how that could effect the ride quality because all it is doing is bringing the top of the stock spring down.
did you happen to change your bump stops/ they could be hitting also causing a rough ride.

· Super Modder
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all the lowering springs that i have seen are shorter than stock and i assumed the spring rate is higer than stock making it a stiffer ride, but you'd have better cornering right? and the control arms...does it affect the way the truck would corner at higher speeds?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.