Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7 quad cab SLT. Approximately two and a half weeks ago truck got stuck in water to the bottom of the door Sills. Truck was in water approximately 90 minutes waiting on tow truck turn truck off while in the water still running but attempted to start it after being pulled out of water and ran rough for approximately 10 to 15 seconds and stalled would not restart. Gave code p0633 found to have water in the tank .so bad that the gas would not lcatch on fire. Drained approximately 5 gallons, added heet. Vehicle started , ,ran rough. Filled tank with premium gas gave codes 0 6 3 3 + 0452. And still gives those codes after being reset twice. Keys have been new batteries in the fob and reprogrammed .I'm also having problem putting gas in. It kicks off. I also can hear a air sound as well as a strong smell of fuel when trying to start. Any ideas?

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
167 Posts
Sounds like your evaporative emissions control system is either broken, or maybe flooded with water. I'm not sure what that gen Dakota has, likely a canister and pump. You may need to drain that system and/or replace components. Did you look up those codes? The 0633 code is related to the key -- if the truck starts I wouldn't worry about that one right now. The other is related to the evap system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts