Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Bumping dakota said:
ok i see that people remove their clutch fan. what does this really do? :help:
The clutch fan is used to draw air through the radiator at idle/low speeds to help cooling, but it saps a bit of engine power. Newer trucks (01+?) came with a small electric fan in addition to the clutch fan, and in milder climates some people have found that the e-fan by itself is enough. If you live somewhere warmer you should install/upgrade to a better e-fan if you are going to remove the clutch fan.

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Bumping dakota said:
how do you do it and will it work for a 02 dakota w/ a 3.9
if u have a 2002, u should have a small e-fan that will work just fine. Theres a thread somewhere that explains how to do it. Something about sticking something somewhere so something doesnt twist anymore. If u DO have a fan, then u can go ahead and take ur clutch fan out, depending on where u live and what ur driving is like.

·
3,871 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
The clutch fan is used to draw air through the radiator at idle/low speeds to help cooling, but it saps a bit of engine power. Newer trucks (01+?) came with a small electric fan in addition to the clutch fan, and in milder climates some people have found that the e-fan by itself is enough. If you live somewhere warmer you should install/upgrade to a better e-fan if you are going to remove the clutch fan.

im not tryin to be a smartass or anything but my 2000 came factory with a e-fan and clutch. i just removed the clutch fan and added an adjustable stat to the e-fan, soon hope to upgrade to a viper if sam can answer my message :wave:

·
Registered
121 Posts
e-fan after clutch fan removal

For all or you who have removed your clutch fan, at what point does the stock e-fan come on? I noticed mine wasn't coming on last night. I tried turning on the AC, and nothing. How can I check to see if the fan still works? And how would I go about wiring it to come on with either a switch or thermostat?

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
SterlingCTdak said:
For all or you who have removed your clutch fan, at what point does the stock e-fan come on? I noticed mine wasn't coming on last night. I tried turning on the AC, and nothing. How can I check to see if the fan still works? And how would I go about wiring it to come on with either a switch or thermostat?
i think the stocker is set to come on at 210*....i think

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.