Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
I'm in a similar situation as you. I have two 12" subs in a prefabbed box, really crappy subs, and a really crappy Dual 460W(ya, right) amp. So I just decided to build a dowfiring box out of MDF to put 'under' the rear seat. It'll end up raising the rear seat a few inches, but putting down a plastic bucket to simulate where the seat will go, and man it was much more comfortable!

So yeah, my suggestion is for the absolute cheap, do what the guy above me suggested. Or you could build a box similar to mine under just one side of the seat. A 4x8 sheet of MDF cost 20 bucks around here. Whatever you do, Good Luck! :mullet:

· Registered
36 Posts
Drivernumber22 said:
I need the space back there for suplys and drunk people who I pick up in bars. Heres a pic of my sub

So Im thinking just buy the box from who ever and then install an amp? Now Which amp I dunno I guess I need to reserch that...

Thanks guys for your help.

Can I see a pic redline?

Sorry, hadn't realized you asked for pics. I haven't actually built my box yet, with the water pump/electrical problems, I've put it on the back burner. I can give you the plans on what I am going to do, and when I actually build it, I will of course put pics up in a thread for all to see. I enjoy showing off too! :jester:

· Registered
36 Posts
That could work, but you'd have to fab something up to mount that other seat. I've had the rear apart, and there are bolts extending from the back of the cab to secure the seats to. Other then that, it sounds like a good idea. Just remember, the floor of the cab is not smooth or flat, it's like a pyramid. But there is a bump in the center you could work off of that is flatter then the rest, right where the tranny is. I'd say, give it a shot and see if you can get the airspace needed.

Also, it'll make it a bit difficult for people to climb into the seat behind the drivers. At least in mine anyways, because my power drivers seat doesn't move up as far as the passenger seat does. But thats a very small price to pay for some subs, IMO. :biggthump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.