Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which ground controls the lights on the climate controls. at night with the lights on, the controls dim in and out. I've ripped out the dashboard before i think a ground is to blame but i have no clue which one.
Thanks

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
Are the lights pulsing in a rhythm or is it random?

Lights dimming is usually due to a voltage problem caused by excessive resistance on either the power or ground side. In other words, the light is being starved of voltage. Excessive resistance can be caused by loose/damaged/corroded connections or wires, or another component (e.g. another light bulb) piggy-backing onto the light bulb in questions circuit. To figure out where the problem is (power or ground side), perform a voltage drop test on the bulb. It should take a couple minutes (once you have access to the bulb). If you need help with doing a voltage drop test and/or how to interpret the results, let me know.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its random and it doesnt happen everytime I drive and not the entire ride when it does happen but when I don catch it they definately flicker from dim to dimmer and then they seem to eventually come back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts