Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and looking for insight.
I bought a 2003 Blk R/T about a month ago but now I am starting to notice some problems. One problem being squeaky brakes at low speeds and the main one being a clicking noise I am hearing at slow speeds while turning (right or left).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
check your CV joints and brake pads out. while your checking see if the ball joints are going on ya. BTW welcome to the boards

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have this exact same problem and when I take it to the dealer they always say nothing is wrong. I also have a 03 dak r/t. I don't worry about it much anymore but I know who to send the bill to if something happens :whip: thats right dodge, your paying for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dakotaR/T 2003 - Has the dealer replaced anything for you regarding this or is it always "There is no problem" or "We cant duplicate the problem"??

I really hate the noise maybe its not THAT loud but I can hear it and that bugs me the most..

S

·
0 Posts
where does the clicking noise seem to be coming from? inside or out? and with the brakes if there is plenty of pad left and your rotors are in good shape the squeaking is most likely brake dust. stock mopar pads are noisy as hell, and make a ton of dust, if it bothers you that much switch to hawk performance pads, there quiet and theyll stop you a heck of alot better :chug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clicking comes from the exterior not the interior. It doesn't sound like when my CV's went out on my other car and def. not as loud. my truck only has 25k on it though so this bothers me. :huh:

·
Registered
504 Posts
My 03 RT had the same problem. The dealer replaced the lower steering shaft and the problem went away. The new shaft is more robust then the stock factory one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts