Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I assume you're looking for a brand name, like Dana.

If they were Dana made or some other big name like that, they'd probably carry that name. Probably a Chrysler design that is farmed out like pretty much everything.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
right, but I think that's his question! --who actually makes them!

the corporate axles are designed "in house" (the 8.25s and 9.25s) obviously the dana 44s, dana 60s, dana 80s, etc. are made by dana...but I have no idea who makes their axles for them!

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Not that it matters anyway, They probably have 2 or 3 vendors who supply the axle housings, and then they're put together in house. every smart manufacturer has at least 2 vendors to provide their "raw materials" just for competition, and incase one vendor runs into a quality control problem or for whatever other reason, is unable to deliver quality goods for a period of time.

but, like I said, I don't know that it matters who actually casts the housings...as long as they are made according to chrysler's specs, then "they're all the same"

·
Just a poor shlep......
625 Posts
The assemblies themselves, 8.25 & 9.25's, are built in house from various contracted out parts suppliers. The Dana's are made by Spicer, the 10.5 and 11.5's are made by American Axle.

18,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just curious about the corporates... I know they are chrysler design, just always wondered if some brand name company was putting them out the back door them without putting their name on it

Thanks guys

·
I drive with two feet
1,616 Posts
The 9.25" differential carrier on my QC has Dana part #80754 stamped on it. So, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Dana builds the carriers???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts