Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note. Anyone wondering just how good the chrome wheel skins on eBay look. Well here you go. I got a set for Christmas and I'm pretty impressed. Nice tight fit, good chrome. I did tape the spring clips to protect my wheels. Now to see how they hold up.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
They do have decent looking chrome and fit well, but I hate how it 'fattens' everything up...good thing is, most people don't know the difference.

PS - Where at in PA?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I bought these over the holidays, although I thought they were fine, they didnt look as good with my combination of white/silver paint & silver stock alloys....The chrome changed the whole look of the truck, maybe i was just used to the other paint scheme...

The skins look & work best when you have a tire that has 'Rim Protector" inset. My old Hankooks did not & the skins bulged out...My New Maxxis mauraders have the Rim protector inset & did look & fit much much but is a moot point cause i went back to stock look, just my choice

FYI....I never put tape on the clips & my Rims are in mint condition, & had the skins on & off several times....The trick is once snapped on place & you want to remove, just stick your hand thru the back of the wheel & remove all the clips that way first & the skins just slide right off, not a scratch!!

I just didnt want to put the tape, too much trouble, + i had figured out the above trick worked sweet :D

Looks good on your Truck, its a nice dark color......

·
Registered
432 Posts
any issues with the wheel weights not fitting under the skins ? looking at getting these and that was my only concern.
You can have my set for $30 + shipping...not a scratch on em & you couldnt tell them apart from new, heck they are new, practically :D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It fits right over mine. I didn't have any problems with the weights being an issue. Mine are the rt ones, but I haven't heard of any issues with the other style either.

·
Registered
432 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts