1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
LOL, those are cheap plastic hubcaps. They aint any better than those cheasyass fake spinner hubcaps you can get from autozone for $40, so in fact on ebay you'd be getting ripped.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
i have seen a set on the stock 03 16 inch rims and from the road they look like chrome rims. That have had these for jeep rims for a long time.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
03Stampededak said:
are they secure (as in wont come off without a tug)? Would your average Joe know that they are a cover?

It's hard to get these things off. There is no way there gonna come off with out a fight.

I doubt the average person would know the only thing that gives it away is the center cap it's made onto the wheel skin.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
the 17 inch chrome rims on the ram are skins as well. Granda Am GT rims Skins. there are alot of factory chrome rims that have skins.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ummm....I have been looking to change rims for a long time now. But want to find something in my price range! :biggthump For the people that have these skins....how much did you pay for them. I think on ebay they are around $70, that is kind of spendy for plastic skins? I may have to try them out though.

** I have also heard these will not fit on the all time 4 wheel drive Dakotas? Is this true...can't get a definite answer.*** That is what I have.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My 02 Durango cam with them on it when I purchased it. They don't look bad at all. Hey Adam where did you find the ones to fit the R/T wheels. I have 16" rims on mine and am thinking of going up to the 17s.

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
got mine last thursday but wasn't able to get to the mailroom to pick them up until yesterday. here's how they look on a 16x8 rim. they stick out some over the balancing weights. they cost me $79 shipped from ebay seller pacificmotorsports.

one thing i noticed--on the r/t rim having them on sort of secures the center cap?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.