·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further research....these are plastic aren't they? Just plastic hubcaps.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
LOL, those are cheap plastic hubcaps. They aint any better than those cheasyass fake spinner hubcaps you can get from autozone for $40, so in fact on ebay you'd be getting ripped.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
there are others on here that have them as well and as long as your not on top of them you can't tell there not the real thing

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Hey Adam

are they secure (as in wont come off without a tug)? Would your average Joe know that they are a cover?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
i have seen a set on the stock 03 16 inch rims and from the road they look like chrome rims. That have had these for jeep rims for a long time.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
03Stampededak said:
are they secure (as in wont come off without a tug)? Would your average Joe know that they are a cover?

It's hard to get these things off. There is no way there gonna come off with out a fight.

I doubt the average person would know the only thing that gives it away is the center cap it's made onto the wheel skin.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I have them on my truck. When i first got them i dont know how many people were complementing my truck and asking me if i bought new rims. I had a few people convinced they were rims for a long time, until i took them off for a while and they figured it out......hehe

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
BE WARNED, do not buy these if your rims are in mint condition. They will scratch the rims.
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about painting my wheels grey/gun metal....so I figured if I messed up I could buy a set of these.

B

·
0 Posts
Remember... the 20" wheels on the new Rams are either polished aluminum or "chromed"... the "chromed" ones are actually wheel skins.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
the 17 inch chrome rims on the ram are skins as well. Granda Am GT rims Skins. there are alot of factory chrome rims that have skins.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
WicKed R/T said:
BE WARNED, do not buy these if your rims are in mint condition. They will scratch the rims.

You can always tape the tabs up with electrical tape and slide them on so they want scratch.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ummm....I have been looking to change rims for a long time now. But want to find something in my price range! :biggthump For the people that have these skins....how much did you pay for them. I think on ebay they are around $70, that is kind of spendy for plastic skins? I may have to try them out though.

** I have also heard these will not fit on the all time 4 wheel drive Dakotas? Is this true...can't get a definite answer.*** That is what I have.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My 02 Durango cam with them on it when I purchased it. They don't look bad at all. Hey Adam where did you find the ones to fit the R/T wheels. I have 16" rims on mine and am thinking of going up to the 17s.

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
got mine last thursday but wasn't able to get to the mailroom to pick them up until yesterday. here's how they look on a 16x8 rim. they stick out some over the balancing weights. they cost me $79 shipped from ebay seller pacificmotorsports.

one thing i noticed--on the r/t rim having them on sort of secures the center cap?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts