1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I think you'd be better off buying a new/unpainted shell or find one that's already painted the color you want. You would need to completely strip off all the chrome material from the shell before painting, and you may never be guaranteed a blemish-free product.

If your current grille shell is in good condition you could probably recoup most of your money by selling it in this forum or on E-Bay.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
check out ebay man, they are on there all the time!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on! Thanks fellas for the response! I didn't realize the grille inserts were that cheap. With the new grille shell, stainless steel grille and paint, I figure I won't be spending more than $200.

BTW, after I lower my truck another 2", my front end is still gonna look like a 4x4. I'd like my front valance closer to the ground. Any suggestions as far as airdam brands and design? (Did I say I wasn't into aesthetics? LOL) Thanks

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I want to get rid of my chrome grille as well, I want a stock matching grille.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I just might do that BLING BLING baby :drive: I am not a big chrome fan, but whatever, When I get my Jeep there will be no chrome on it at all.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, then run some 24" chrome spinners! Blast the bass. Roll down the windows and you got the whole town bowing at your feet! LOL :bow: :drive:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone bought an unpainted grille shell from ebay? I was wondering about
quality,fitment,etc. Sorry,but I'm a computer idiot so I don't know how to
put the link up. Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :sorry:

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I really don't see why you could not sand down the stock chrome grille, it is only plastic with chrome plating, I know it can be sanded off.

·
Just Getting Started
58 Posts
Painting Grill

I actually just purchased a grill off of Ebay for like $25 and had it painted at my local shop for $75. I don't like the chrome look either. It turned out great. I am now selling my chrome grill on Ebay to offset the cost. Looks great. I want to replace the chrome bumper as well though. Does anyone know where I could get one of the sXt dark grey plastic bumpers?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got a SXT plastic bumper for sale, if you are interested. I bought a SS bumper cover, so the stock one is just sitting in my garage. Just let me know if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts