Dakota Durango Forum banner

what grille looks better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plat00Durango hooked me up with the chrome grille. I took my ss grille inserts out of the painted and put in the chrome grille. now here's the question, which one do you like better? painted look or chrome look?

sorry about the light, but I couldn't wait..... :jester:

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
i like the chrome one, but that's the way mine came from the factory. lucky me!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I need some Wheels like yours Rock they would look slammen on my Black D hehe to bad i am stuck with the gray plastic bumpers though... Oh btw the chrome grill combo is better me thinks !

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I like the chrome too! What did that thing cost? I am not sure how it would look on my D with the silver body color and painted rims? I think that I am personally trying to stay away from chrome exterior mods. But looks awesome on your truck dude! :mullet:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOON'S D said:
I like the chrome too! What did that thing cost? I am not sure how it would look on my D with the silver body color and painted rims? I think that I am personally trying to stay away from chrome exterior mods. But looks awesome on your truck dude! :mullet:
you wouldn't believe me if I told ya..... plat00durango hooked me up. here's the original thread
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2761

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
I think it would look nice if you had the grill chrome and the inserts painted your body color (Patriot Blue) or black... Now that would be sweat... Its also what I'm thinking of doing on my D (also Patriot Blue).

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Damn rock that is dirt cheap. THat is definitely the steal of the century. Look's big pimp'n.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
I voted for the body colored one.

A) having the grill chrome AND grill inserts like he has.... it just seems to clash.
B) you have diamond cut clears, grill inserts... white fog lights... do we really need more silver/whiteish colored items on the front of our truck... I'm thinkin no.
C) ya ya... you have pimp wheels(nice choice btw)... but that doesn't mean you have to go chrome everything on the truck. There is something I base my opinions on tho... and it's K.I.S.S. or.... Keep It Simple Stuipd.

Not saying you're stuipd... cause we all know any dodge owner isn't.... but still... keep it simple ... don't dress stuff up as much.

Paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
i likem both as the chrome does give it more bling and the painted gives it a sporty look. its your truck and your call. i personally like the hole truck. lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Chrome, all the way! If you had different wheels, then maybe the painted one, but the wheels are beautiful and the chrome grill compliments very nicely.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Im stuck 50/50. I like it either way. how bout half chrome and half painted LOL

·
Registered
396 Posts
on mine it would be the body colored cuz i got some shitty ass black bumpers but yours looks way nicer with chrome so keep that chrome on :mullet:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the kind words. Chrome it is. For now lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts