Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mean Green
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i found this site a long time ago, and i knew i would be able to use it. would any of this stuff work to make a grill out of?

go to http://www.mcmaster.com/

search for mesh

then go to wire mesh on the left side

then check out the circles, the hexagons, or the ovals.

i like the ovals because they are different, and i havent seen them before. and you can get a 36/40 sheet of the stuff for under 40 bucks.

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That place is about 3 miles from my house.

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
I made my grille out of gutter guard. Yeah thats right the stuff you cover your gutters with to keep leaves out. Looks great and it only cost $5. You can get circles too with the gutter guard. LOL :biggthump

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did the gutter guard grill as well. Mine looks like the expanded metal design on that site. For the price of it, you can't go wrong. Looks great too. :banana2:

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
jmac2000dge said:
I did the gutter guard grill as well. Mine looks like the expanded metal design on that site. For the price of it, you can't go wrong. Looks great too. :banana2:
How did you mount it to the bottom bumper and with what?

·
Registered
375 Posts
For now i got it just sitting in there. Theres some rubber flaps on either side of the opening and its wedged in between them. But, im just waiting to put it on with some Goop i think its called. Someone else on here used Shoo Goo. Its pretty much the same thing i beleive, supposed to be stronger than crazy glue or plastic cement. I just didn't want to take the bumpers off twice, so i figured i'd wait til i did my body lift to do it all at once. Hope this helps.

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
jmac2000dge said:
For now i got it just sitting in there. Theres some rubber flaps on either side of the opening and its wedged in between them. But, im just waiting to put it on with some Goop i think its called. Someone else on here used Shoo Goo. Its pretty much the same thing i beleive, supposed to be stronger than crazy glue or plastic cement. I just didn't want to take the bumpers off twice, so i figured i'd wait til i did my body lift to do it all at once. Hope this helps.

Same here. Thanks for the info. :biggthump

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
jmac2000dge said:
Yeah, it's the same thing. That was me. Getting close to a year now and still holding strong. Super glue, etc, is inflexible and brittle.

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
Ok. Where would I get this SHOO GOO stuff at?

·
Mean Green
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does the expanded metal gutter guard lay flat, or the individual parts twisted a bit?

i have seen it where it is twisted from when they seperate it, and i think that looks like hell, but if it layed flat, i know what im going to hit up next time i go to home depot.

·
Mean Green
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
happy? you guys talked me into it, and with the gutter guard, and latch relocation i have less thatn 5 bucks into it.

but i want to grind off all of the raised parts on the inside of the grill, it kinda made the screen sit funny, so even if i have to do it again, 3.25 isnt that bad for another roll of the stuff.

what do you guys think?

(ignore the dent, some jackass backed into the truck while i was at wallmart...)

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
99blackdak said:
happy? you guys talked me into it, and with the gutter guard, and latch relocation i have less thatn 5 bucks into it.

but i want to grind off all of the raised parts on the inside of the grill, it kinda made the screen sit funny, so even if i have to do it again, 3.25 isnt that bad for another roll of the stuff.

what do you guys think?

(ignore the dent, some jackass backed into the truck while i was at wallmart...)

I knew we would. LOL I left the little raised things on the inside and cut slits in the Gutter Guard. It gave it something else to hold on to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.