Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about these hard top covers regarding quality? Also if someone could post pics of this cover on a dakota, preferably a quad cab that'd be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
QuaTscH94 said:
Does anyone know anything about these hard top covers regarding quality? Also if someone could post pics of this cover on a dakota, preferably a quad cab that'd be great. Thanks
I put the Checkmate tonneau in a class by itself, right in the middle of soft and hard tonneaus. It's two thin sheets of rough fiberglass with a foam core, and a simple aluminum frame. It's definitely better than a soft tonneau for protection, but it isn't as sturdy as a full blown hard tonneau. I liked how little they weighed, it was a snap to remove/install them by myself when going to the track or hauling stuff. You can't beat the $349+ship price and it comes with black gelcoat so most trucks can get away with leaving it unpainted.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had mine on for a few months now...they are built in my home town back in Ky so I am a bit partial.....but bang for your buck they are darn hard to beat.

·
Registered
92 Posts

I have the checkmate tonneau, I had the rough surface smoothed out and painted. I also bought the carpet kit, whole thing installed (without paint) cost me about $550 +tax. I agree with badzdad though it is the best tonneau for the buck.

Z

·
0 Posts
Does the checkmate har block the holes on the top of the bed side to install rails? I currently have rails on the top of each bed side and wanted to know if i would have to remove them to get one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts