Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have this flush mount tonneau? i was wondering if anyone was having any problems with them at all. thanks.
dan.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
i love i have an a.r.e cover now and i hate it cause it is all big and stickin up over the rails i need a lower profile cover like that one...how are they with keeping water out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine too, no paint just a couple a coats of wax. And no, I have not had a leaking problem at all.

I would definitly buy another one.

Later

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
final question......any kind of locking mechinism? if i were to get this would i be able to safely put stuff in my bed without having to worry about it being stolen? i think i remember checkmate having a keylock option or something, then i would have to get a tailgate lock i assume, which i heard those are crappy. let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea they have dual locks available for each corner. I opted not to get them though so it would look much cleaner. It does just that. I don't really store stuff in my bed so I'm not worried.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
so do you think if i only locked my tailgate, then everything should be secure? or can the cover be opened from the top?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You need to get locks on your tonneau to keep it locked. Even with my tailgate closed I can still open the tonneau. So a tailgate lock would be useless to lock the tonneau.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got under locks thaty no one can see on my isuzu bro. Its a real nice set up here is a pic of the cover so u can see Il take pics of the locks tommorrow!!

I am selling this cover w/ the locks. also I believe it wil fit the dakota thats bigger than the quad cab. I tried seeing if it would fit on my quad but its too long.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea I'd be curious to see what locks you have. I didn't think there was a hidden lock option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This one has two nylon straps, one on each side, these straps have a nylon bucke that snaps when the cover is closed. Then once you close and lock the tailgate it is secure. I se no way other than a pry bar to get into the cover from the top. As far as how secure the tailgate lock is I don't know, but I do know that someone did try to break into it once and all they did was screw up the $30.00 tailgate lock and never got into the bed of the truck.

In this pic you can see the strap hanging down on each corner (I hope).

Hope it helps.

Bus

1 - 20 of 37 Posts