Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this intake on ebay and decided to give it a shot. It is made by AFE and it retails for 249.95 I saved more than 50% on ebay. But the reason I want to show you guys is because I have never seen one installed on a Dakota or Durango until I put it on my truck. Now this intake is designed for a 98-99 Dakota R/T but I made it work with my 2000. It looks great and works much better than my home brew I used to have. It comes with a new air hat and heat shield. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Looks slick Nick :biggthump
How's the power comparing to the homebrew? Notice a considerable difference?

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like I picked up better throttle response. Mostly due to the new air hat because I heard the stocks are somewhat restrictive.

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AFEFILTER.COM but the intake is more expensive than the K&N FIPK if you buy it from them direct. I found mine on ebay for 140.00 but it was probably a one time thing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
thats hot. i had a similar cai on my ole truck. it was made by volant and i loved the improved throttle response it gave.

i wanna say it hit me up for like 300.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
00BlkDakSpt said:
Like it was mentioned before you can get the CAI at Afe for like 300 or 400. I picked up the 4.7L kit for my 3.7L at half the price from Afe directly. Hope this helps.
Or you can build a 4" system like this tonight and save $$$. You can actually see the throttle body at the 90 degree bend!
http://www.reubengathright.com/DakAir.html :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
hmm looks good, i esp like the fact that they have the heat shields, i member when i had the cone and pipe and all my fan would do is kick heat up into it, and even tho yes my intake is just above the valve covers im getting fresh air into the filters, and btw, the new valve covers keep heat down much better than the stockers, so heat isn't an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts