Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The check engine light just came on with the code of P0420 and I went throught the code thread and found that its the P0420 (M) 1/1 Catalytic Converter Efficiency Catalyst 1/1 efficiency below required level. Any help with this code would be great. :wave:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
well one time on my Dak the guts of my Cat. busted and was rattling around.. you may want to check it out.. Hope this helps...

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
Might be something with the oxygen sensors or some crap. If it has something to do with smog regs i wouldnt worry about it. If i were u, i would just cut off the cat and put in a piece of pipe. Louder and you should pick up some hp from it. Unless you live in Cali. My check engine light has been on for like 6 months, the code says something about cat effiency too, hasnt caused any trouble yet.

·
G.F.Y racing president
6,587 Posts
yeah, mine came on the other day too. code always comes up as a 35. 1995 dak, 3.9, reg cab, sport.

·
Registered
462 Posts
This should be the O2 that is mounted after the converter. It compares the reading from the O2 mounted before the converter. If the readings are not the same then it will send a code.

Try clearing the code and see if it comes back if it comes back more then likely something is wrong with the converter. How many miles do you have on your Dak?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mopar rt said:
This should be the O2 that is mounted after the converter. It compares the reading from the O2 mounted before the converter. If the readings are not the same then it will send a code.

Try clearing the code and see if it comes back if it comes back more then likely something is wrong with the converter. How many miles do you have on your Dak?
I have about 40,000 miles on the truck. I'll try and reset it today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.