Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I have a 2003 Dakota sport 4.7l 4x4 auto trans
Yesterday taking off from a light my truck was in 2nd, and I noticed the check engine light on. I was able to downshift to first and back to drive (second) to get home. There I scanned my truck and it gave me errors: under voltage and valve power feed failure in the transmission control module with no other codes. I looked over the wiring and checked the big connector at the transmission. The battery had a bit of corrosion on the positive side so I cleaned that all off. Cleared the codes.
After a test drive today the truck ran fine, but by the end (9 miles?) the light was back on. So I rescanned the codes and found some crazy stuff...
po700 but no actual transmission codes (maybe not long enough). Followed by the crazy stuff.... note: my truck has just about always had intermittent strange shifting, but never had any codes
4 antilock codes
66 shorted relay
38 wheel speed error
73 inoperative watchdog inhibit
71 ram incident

1 body code
36 missing sensor REAR

4 anti-theft alarm cods (I don't have a factory alarm)
66 shorted relay circuit
38 wheel speed error
73 inoperative watchdog inhibit
71 RAM incident

4 occupant codes
unknown21
unknown22
unknown23
unknown25

4 electronic/mechanical cluster codes (cd/dvd player codes)??? I don't have a factory cd or dvd player
66 shorted relay circuit
38 inoperative watchdog inhibit
71 RAM incident

4 audio system compnet errors
unknown21
unknown22
unknown23
uhnknown25

4 satellite radio codes
42 open dump coil rf
unknown26
45 open dump coil lf
unknown 26 (i don't have satellite radio)

4 cabin heater codes
66 shorted relay circuit
38 wheel speed error
inoperative watchdog inhibit
71 ram incident

4 rain sensor codes

4 shared address codes

One of the times that i rescanned, I even saw errors regarding a diesel engine?!

I recently swapped my motor out, which had an internal problem so the company I bought it from paid a shop to switch it back out. They didn't do as good as me and I did find that they didn't clean the paint from the ground contacts on the motor, so I cleaned those today but still have the same issue.

Any ideas? Since it's so random and odd and the grounds/connectors look to be ok it makes me think PCM.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I forgot I can share my reports lol I ran out and ran another full scan and here are the errors I got this time (you can see how they're completely different from the prior and they had not been cleared between scans).

Nov 15 2019 06:29:26-PM
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota
2 Confirmed Trouble Codes:
• P0700: Transmission Control System (MIL Request) - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
• P0750: LR Solenoid Circuit - LR Solenoid Circuit

1 Pending Trouble Codes:
• P0700: Transmission Control System (MIL Request) - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)

2 Transmission Control Module Trouble Codes:
• : UNDER VOLTAGE
• : VALVE POWER FEED FAILURE

2 Anti-Lock Brake System Trouble Codes:
• 6F: Body Controller Module Missing : Body Controller Module Missing
• 6F: Body Controller Module Missing : Body Controller Module Missing

1 Body Control Module Trouble Codes:
• : RR WHEEL SENSOR SIGNAL FAILURE

8 Occupant Restraint Control Module Trouble Codes:
• : No description available

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the one with diesel errors

Nov_15_2019_11-51-49-AM
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Dakota

1 Confirmed Trouble Codes:

1 Pending Trouble Codes:

3 Engine Control Module (Diesel) Trouble Codes:
• : UNKNOWN 21
• : UNKNOWN 22
• : UNKNOWN 23

2 Transmission Control Module Trouble Codes:
• : UNDER VOLTAGE
• : VALVE POWER FEED FAILURE

6 Body Control Module Trouble Codes:
• 66: Shorted Relay Circuit
• 38: Wheel Speed Error

• 73: Inoperative Watchdog Inhibit
• : UNKNOWN 21

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like my scan tool is acting up. I've been trouble shooting it with the manufacture for days and a new one is on the way. I've scanned the truck with two other scanners (autoscanner cp9150 and snapon solus) and only the transmission codes come up. I believe it's the solenoid pack acting up, I replaced it a couple years ago for this occasional hard shift issue and it didn't resolve the issue so I kept the pack. I'll toss that old one back in and see if it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts