Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All.... My Check Engine Light Came On Today And I Found Out That When I Would Go To Take Off It Would Shift At Like 5500 Rpms And Wouldnt Go Into 4th Gear? Has This Happen To Anyone Else???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pull the code with code scaner If O2 comes up and tranny code change O2 sensor tranny signal goes through the O2 sensor

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
or turn key forward without starting turn off then on & off & turn on & leave it ...your odometer will show you a code or multiple codes it will be a p & some numbers write them down when it finishes it will say P done & scan through the codes again make sure you write them all down & post codes back in here & some people know the codes!!! hope that helps ya cheap & easy way to find out what is wrong without haveing to put it on a computer

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
mtlcafan79 said:
If the key trick doesn't work on your truck, any Autozone will scan them for free.

The key trick works on '00 and up models not 98-99 but like you said Autozone will pull it for free.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks guys i really appriciate it... i am goin to take it to autozone tomorrow! thanks a lot

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i took my truck to auto zone today and had it scanned. they scanned it and it was my speed sensor so i bought one and changed it today...now it runs like a dream!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
sweet. that was an easy fix....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts