Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on with the chat lately? My name is hung in there for almost 2 days now.

It wont let me login to the chat. Could some one get it unstuck for me please.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
You need to log off using the red dot, do not just close the window next time! It always hangs that way!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will remember that for next time. Seems like a couple of others did it too, as I am seeing the same names on my end as I was on Sunday.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It happens alot, alot of ghosts on there :jester:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Sometimes when people leave the chat window idle for a long time and/or just close the window without clicking the logout button, the sql database doesn't formally close out the connection, which leaves a chatroom 'ghost' behind. Once in awhile one of the system moderators usually pops in and clears out the old ghosts - if you feel that it's been awhile since it got flushed, send ScatDak or one of the other system moderators a PM and we'll try to get it cleaned up.

Unfortunately I haven't found any other good quality chat programs for vBulletin - aside from the ghost issue, I like all of this program's features. Sometime after my tax refund comes back I might bump all the way up to the new vBulletin v4.0, will have to re-evaluate all of the system mods to see if they will port over properly (eg: chat, timeslips, itrader, etc.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts