Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
hobby or addiction?
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 Dakota, 408, isnt charging the battery. I took the alternator in to be checked and it is good and they told me that the voltage is regulated through the PCM. Which sucks because i paid Tom Fox to have it flashed. If this is the problem can i get an SCT and pull the tune out and put it in a new pcm?

·
Registered
16 Posts
With the Alternator in place and running did you check the voltage at the +pos post on the Alternator? Did you jumpstart anyone or have the battery out or charge the battery lately?

I'd take a look at the main alternator fuse in the engine compartment fuse block.
look for the burgundy or yellow or black 120-140-160 amp fuse bolted across the positive and negative cables that feed the fuse block thats the Alternator fuse.
It can blow and the car runs and drives till the battery drops under 9volts and the PCM shuts down. happens alot when disconnecting the battery or charger
i always kept them in all my demos and RT's. Try finding it at 2am on I-95
:drive:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.