Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all,

I have a problem changing the stop lamp bulbs in my 01' Durango and need help. My book says remove the two screws. What screws? I don't see any visible from the outside. Are they the ones beside the lenses when you open the hatch? Left side to the right going verticle. Right side to the left of the lense going verticle. If those are the ones I'm surprised those two screws holding such a large lense housing. Next each side has two stop lamps and one reverse. Can anyone tell me the bulb part numbers? Nothings open here in Los Angeles on a Sunday and besides it's after 8pm so I can't do it in the dark. If I get the numbers I thing I need to get two for each side for a total of 4 bulbs and one for each side of the reverse for a total of two. Any thing I'm missing?

rimfire,22

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just pull off the upper trim panel on the inside of the hatch. The holders for the bulbs are right there. The bulb numbers are in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neil said:
Just pull off the upper trim panel on the inside of the hatch. The holders for the bulbs are right there. The bulb numbers are in the owner's manual.

Neil,

OK I'll look back their and see what's going on as I'm just going by what the manual says. The illustration shows the whole housing has to be removed by removing the screws. I can't do anything until towards the end of the weekend as all that's out is the stop lamp. Turns signals work ok.

rimfire,22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts