Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.9 with a/c and i removed the a/c....
I'm looking for a no a/c belt,but my local shop say there is only one belt that fit my dakota 2003 5.9...wich belt i need tom use...do the belt with a/c works without a/c as well??????????????

Thanks....
Maxx

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
you problem is,... you're doing something that the dealer never intended to ever do.

Take a piece of LONG string,.... tape one end to one of the pulleys... so it won't come undone,... then route the rest of the string through all of the pulleys. You need to see the diagram of your normal setup WITH the A/C,.. and then just match that when you route the string through,... and just simply leave out the A/C pulley. But,... you need to do this with your (moveable pulley,... the one that you undo,... or move in order to take the belt off... I forgot the exact term). Some of these pulleys that I just explained are spring loaded... well... if you run the string through it all.. with that one pulley in the wrong place(aka... not tight),... you won't get an exact fitment.

Then,... you take that string... and measure how long it is. Take that measurement in with your old belt,... and say,... "I need this type of belt in a ______ measurement." With this,.. they should be able to help you out.

Paul

·
14 Second Club
262 Posts
Have them look up the belt under the 3.9 V6 (it uses the same serpentine belt as the 5.9). Under that engine there should be an option for a no a/c belt, buy that. The belt routing diagram on the fan shroud should show both a/c and non a/c routing.
~Zach

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.