Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been hearing a few bad things here and there about the sound quality you get outta the thunderform boxes. any one have any input? im really limited on box options, and i dont have the time to put into it to build my own. but im tired of lookin at my 2 10's and my amp sittin in the corner of my closet collecting dust. are there other boxes out there? the guy at the audio shop pulled up a company i think was ASC and they built one. but, according to the rep we got on the phone, the box was discontinued because the V8 kotas had a different rear floor than the V6. this is the first i heard of it. all the other boxes i saw were "97-04" club cabs.

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
ahhhh, I'm not 100% sure but I think the floors would be the same. Unless he was thinking about a quad cab, but the sub would be behind the seat right?
Now I have never seen the inside floor in a club cab of a 4wd but I put this in mine back in the summer, which is a 2wd.
http://www.bassslammer.com/products/vehicleSpecific/specs/BS_DDXP201_specs.pdf
Had to make some seat brackets so that the seats would sit level, other then that ... it fit pretty good. Sounds ok too.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thats the same thing as the thunderform. and yes, quad cab subs are behind the seats. the guy at this audio shop said he could have the custom box guy build me a box for $200 plus materials. seems pretty good to me. but i just did balljoints today, so i still gotta get my truck aligned, im puttin a locker in it end of the week, and i got rims here this weekend that need some nice MT's... the subs i guess will have to wait a bit :mullet:

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i got a jl stealthbox with a jl 8w6. 220 shipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts