Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wicked 99 RT
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the dealers destroyed the motors for the CARS program last year did this also destroy the fuel system? I no that they didnt all destroy them the same way. Are the fuel rails and injectors still usable?

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
When we did it at work we just poured some stuff down the oil fill and revved the piss out of it till the motor seized, so the fuel system should be fine.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
When the dealers destroyed the motors for the CARS program last year did this also destroy the fuel system? I no that they didnt all destroy them the same way. Are the fuel rails and injectors still usable?
just the long block is trashed.... everything else is still good

·
Wicked 99 RT
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my guess too, just didnt know if any of the dealers where running anything through the fuel systems or not. Thanks

·
Diesel Mechanic
898 Posts
yeah just the engine block and other components that wou;d have seized with the engine disabler. fuel system should be good unless it was bad before hand

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
I was told by a junk yard about 2 weeks ago that after they destroyed the engine, they could only keep them for 6 months before sending them to the crusher.

So hurry.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
I was told by a junk yard about 2 weeks ago that after they destroyed the engine, they could only keep them for 6 months before sending them to the crusher.

So hurry.
some are not waiting that long......here in socal, the impound lot is still full of C4C that have not been in general pop yet....

and some went straight to crush, no waiting...

·
Registered
727 Posts
There are still a bunch of C4C cars in the yards around here and the program ended a long time ago./

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
End date was August 20th. Add a few weeks to that to get them to the yards, and your 6 months will be up around the end of Feb-first of March. Some of them that were the first ones to go might have been traded in around the first part of Aug, so that would make the 6 months up at the start of February.

Either way, you don't have too much time to get them picked apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts