Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my 2002 3.9 (44,000 miles) and was planning on getting the Accel cap & rotor, and some Taylor 8mm wires. I looked on Summit Racing, and their brand is considerably cheaper. HEI cap and rotor (brass) for 26.95 and 8mm spiro wires for 28.
Anyone ever use these before? The Accel & Taylor combo will cost me around $85, is it worth the extra $$?

Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would use the NAPA brass cap and rotor, it costs much less then the Accel and works just as good. The Taylor wires are great, maybe go with the new 8.2 mm Taylor’s, they are much improved over the 8mm.

I have never used Summits brand before, but I do know that the NAPA cap and rotor and Taylor wires work great. In fact once you install the Taylors it will be your last set of wires unless you cut one or one gets burned.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
for those that didnt know...

the NAPA, MSD and Acel cap are all made by the same company

def grab a set of Taylors....

best deal on all the above...

www.socaldakota.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I ordered the parts from Summit, and installed them this morning. Only took about 45 minutes for the cap, rotor & wires. Lost the skin on two knuckles - I think thats about average, right?

The new cap & wires are blue and look great. Will take it for a drive later today. :banana2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts