Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am in the process of building a fiberglass center console for my regular cab. It will relocate the H.U. below the dash, the flow back and will rise up between the seats folowing the lines of the seats and meet the bottom of the rear window (Note this is where the amp was gonna be recessed), then it will swoop back behind each seat and hold 2 10" Kicker CVR's.

The amp i am using is a Kicker 600.1. Like I said it was gonna go between the seats where the center console came up to meet the bottom of the window. Only problem is, it's too big, even with the end caps off. It fits, but leaves no room for wires, and would rub the seats and wear holes.

I just can't think of anywhere to fit this amp!! It is about 11 1/4" long 10" high and 2 1/2" deep. Anyone have any pics of center consoles they've made and had an amp this size. Or can think of a good place to put it. It needs good ventalation, and I kinda wanted it to be seen, but can't even think of a place to hide it! :cussing:

·
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've thought about puting the subs in the console, but made up my mind that that's not what I want to happen. I want them behind the seats. Plus that part of it is all framed in, all it needs is glass.

·
Dakota for Life!
1,961 Posts
Althouh I have a club cab, I'm certain the amp will fit under the front seat as shown. You may have to shim up the seat a bit. Just my $.02

·
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried under the seat, I would have to shim it up about an inch, dont really like that idea. And also thought about the bed, I have no tonneau, so thats kinda out of the question.

I think I figured out an idea, I think you'll like it :biggthump I'll post up pics to show what I did. Pretty damn crafty if you ask me. It involves taking the amp aprt, but oh well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know you wanted the amp to be seen and I can't blame you as I wanted mine to be visible as well. However, the Orion CS 500.5 was too big and I had to mount it on the cab wall behind the passenger seat. There was enough room with the jack there, but I opted to dremel it out to make a cleaner looking fit. The Orion is 15.7" x 10.1" x 2" which is right around your amp's size.

·
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chuck. Thats a great amp, and a great spot, except my sub boxes will be there. I had my whole idea drawn out on paper, and it seemed like it would work great, but as soon as you start working on something it seems like everything your trying to fit is 100x bigger and the space you have to work with is half of what you thought it was.

I think I got it figured out, I'll know soon and post some pics! Thanks for the help though! :clap2:

·
Registered
404 Posts
ceiling mounted? seen it dont before with a custom headliner, they welded in some square steel tubing and bolted the amp to that. just make sure that puppy aint moving
ah got to it before me, yea i would try to mount it up hight that would be pretty nifty

·
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha ha great minds must think alike. I thought of that too, I might move it there next spring when I redo the headliner

·
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
platinumDAK said:
thinking the ceiling mount too....but i think outside on the roof would be better more air flow!!! :biggthump
Ha Ha!! I'll definatly consider that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.