Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why, yes! Yes I can!

I modified that weirdo 56049114AA (56049114AB, 56049114AC similar) flasher module to operate LED flasher bulbs while disabling the 2x blink lamp out warning feature. In this way, no LED load resistors are required.

The modification consists of breaking a circuit trace on the flasher module board, then soldering in two 1/4 watt resistors on the board (along with some length of hookup wire). The flasher chip is fooled into thinking that all of the flasher bulbs are working.

The modified flasher appears to work only with Sylvania ZEVO LED 3157 bulbs or Philips Vision LED 3157 bulbs. I also tried cheapo Chinese LED 3157 bulbs with the modified flasher, and the turn signals blinked exactly one time with the engine running and the parking lights turned on.

·
"I WANNA GO FAST!"
2016 RAM 1500 Sport All Black
678 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why, yes! Yes I can!

I modified that weirdo 56049114AA (56049114AB, 56049114AC similar) flasher module to operate LED flasher bulbs while disabling the 2x blink lamp out warning feature. In this way, no LED load resistors are required.

The modification consists of breaking a circuit trace on the flasher module board, then soldering in two 1/4 watt resistors on the board (along with some length of hookup wire). The flasher chip is fooled into thinking that all of the flasher bulbs are working.

The modified flasher appears to work only with Sylvania ZEVO LED 3157 bulbs or Philips Vision LED 3157 bulbs. I also tried cheapo Chinese LED 3157 bulbs with the modified flasher, and the turn signals blinked exactly one time with the engine running and the parking lights turned on.
Hi.
Will you please explain which foil cut and to where the resistors attach? What was the ohm value of the 1/4 watt resistors?
THANKS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just pointing out the complete irrelevance of this post, if there is one that helps please send a link I've been looking all over the place for someone who has some detailed information about this process.. I'd prefer to have both blinkers working and working properly with LEDs. I realize our flashers on our 01 and up Durango's are ridiculous... And even if I have to do some soldering work on the double flasher itself, that is fine, but some info is a realistic expectations on a subject such as this...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I get it
Maybe try introducing yourself in the member introductions first and ask for info.
And we like pics of your rig as well Dakota, Durango ?
You catch more flies with honey
Just sayin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, could you kindly explain how you did this? Ive been trying to read the schematics and make adjustments myself but cant seem to get the solution right. I would really appreciate it.

Why, yes! Yes I can!

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
594 Posts
Not a fix I would use if it only works with specific bulbs. Bad solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts