Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Double Ought Dakota
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin for some info about upgrading my truck.

Currently - 2000 Solar Yellow R/t ,K&N, Exhaust (Glasspack), And Mopar PCM.

my question is, what is the biggest/best cam+ rocker + lifter set to go with, that still pulls vaccum but is extreemely lopey, yet still daily driveable. I am willing to sacrafice mileage as i only get about 10-12 anyways and used to drive a jeep with a holley 600 feeding a straight six.

I am looking to spend about $800-1000 max for the parts.

if there are any set up out there including Roller rockers\ roller lifters\ and a huge cam out there let me know, and the lopier the better :mullet:

·
Registered
462 Posts
206/212-480/512 110

This cam is about as large as you can go without breaking the bank. Use a set of the Comp Cam 1:6 rollers and extended length push rods. I would consider adding a stall converter and upgrading the ignition system.

If you go much more then this you will have to do a lot of headwork and upgrade the intake and TB.

·
Double Ought Dakota
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about

210/220-512/512 112 - 329
M-1 -450
TB -400
1.6 or 1.7's? -450
Stall (mopar) -250
MSD+Coil -265

thats about 2150 for the whole deal.

is there anywhere i can get maby a better package? perhapse cheaper? would socal dakota be the place to go?

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
well, Comtact Sam P at www.socaldakota.com i just got a cam package for ~ 650 and am lookign at a set of RR`s for ~300 (check his site on Thursdays as he has one day only deals on that day).

since you are in FL, John M at www.southeastrt.com is a good sourse as well. not much on his site so best ya gove him a call.

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
IIRC, if ya use that one ya run into CE light problems.

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you want a lopy idle you want to stay with something along the lines of a 110-112 degree lobe center. Plus what cam you want depends on where you want your power to be. If your looking for something pretty lopy your probably going to have to sacrafice some low end power. Give Sam at So Cal a call or give Dan Arcand from Fastman a call. They both have some good grinds.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wykdrt said:
if you want a lopy idle you want to stay with something along the lines of a 110-112 degree lobe center. Plus what cam you want depends on where you want your power to be. If your looking for something pretty lopy your probably going to have to sacrafice some low end power. Give Sam at So Cal a call or give Dan Arcand from Fastman a call. They both have some good grinds.
www.socaldakota.com/gallery/videos/20040515/Houston Feb 2005.wmv

:drive:

3 mph faster, 3/10ths quicker with only a cam and spring change (stock heads).

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292
:clap2:

·
Registered
129 Posts
rtdkota said:
www.socaldakota.com/gallery/videos/20040515/Houston Feb 2005.wmv

:drive:

3 mph faster, 3/10ths quicker with only a cam and spring change (stock heads).

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
619-274-1292
:clap2:
Hey Sam i was wondering what a new cam grind would cost me? I've got the M1 52mm throttle body, Mopar PCM, MSD ignition, Mopar Headers 3" exhaust (no kitty cat). My profile says the other stuff. Oh and i'm runnin a 100 shot of nitrous occasionally but not often. I am plannin on gettin a set of 1.92 R/T heads. What grind do you have that will give me some good power. Oh i'm plannin on gettin 1.6 rr's and all the essentials of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.