Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isit easy to remove the front calipers on an 02 Durango? If so, is there a good link with pictures or something or can someone give me a good explanation on how to do this. Thanks.

Greg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah its really easy to remove them. Just remove the two torx bolts from the back of the caliper, and lift it off the rotor. If you are removing it completely, then remove the brake line from the back of the caliper, and have a drain pan handy to catch the brake fluid. If your changing pads, be sure to push the piston back into the bore before you put the new pads on or they wont fit. A "C-clamp" works great for that. Any more questions just ask.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try it today. I got some new pads and rotors and I wanted to try and put them on my self. I know the rotor removal is easy, I've read that they only have some clips holding them on and now I know what to do for the calipers. Thanks a lot.

Greg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I replaced my front rotors and pads with some Brembo sport slotted rotors and Satisfied ceramic pads. Overall the new setup feels way better. The braking is slightly better and the annoying squealing is gone. And the removal / replacement proceidure was very easy. Thanks for the info guys!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, GZ... hope you don't mind me asking but how much did the rotors and pads cost?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't mind at all. I paid close to $300 for the pads and rotors from the tire rack. I'm sure that you can probably find this combo for cheaper somewhere else but for me it was convenient because I'm overseas right now and It's not easy to shop for parts and look for bargains around here. Gotta love e-commerce!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, true. I noticed you were in Holland. Are you in the service?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, more power too you and I gotta say thank you for what your doing. I work for the Air Force as well but on the civilian side.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's excellent. I wouldn't mind doing something like that when I finish my tour here. The $ would be nice. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pad Change

FYI, it's always a good idea to open up the brake bleeder valve when you push the piston back into the Caliper. This will eliminate a lot of the old brake fluid, just put a hose over it and catch it in a can or someting. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts