Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bitches come and get some
343 Posts
rtgrouchman said:
Very interesting, wonder how they'll look installed though :huh:
Even if they looked great (which I am skeptical of) I would never pay $205+ for a cosmetic modification.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And if you want the carbon fiber ones it's an extra $130!! :jester: I'd say just paint them...

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
I'm sure they look nice installed, but the $205 pricetag just for a COVER is bullshit!! :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wardcars04 said:
why dont they have blue :( and is my durango 4wd or 2wd :help:

Ummmmmmm, dunno about the color. Get the silver ones and paint them. :D

What year is your D? Do you have any kind of selector switch inside, either on the floor or on the dash? Should say something like AWD, 2WD, 4HI, 4LO.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
John
Didn't you get the viper brakes from GS. If you did, I was wondering why you wanted these. if not these are nice covers. I'm running the Stillen brake upgrade and don't want to cover my 6 piston caliber brakes because I think they look killer with out them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heavy D said:
John
Didn't you get the viper brakes from GS. If you did, I was wondering why you wanted these. if not these are nice covers. I'm running the Stillen brake upgrade and don't want to cover my 6 piston caliber brakes because I think they look killer with out them.

Well, that was the way I was going. But it turns out there were to many problems with getting all the parts (spindles mostly) to work with a 4x4. So, I sent everything back and got a refund which I used to finish up some last things on the motor and at least upgrade the rotors pads. Baer had a direct replacement with a lifetime warranty against warping/cracking so I got those along with Hawk pads. This will suffice untill next year when I too can get the same kit you do from AP Racing/Stillen. I figured the covers would be a nice dress-up item.

Tell me more about that Stillen kit and how well it bolted up. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Hi John
Didn't know you sent the viper brakes back. Yes those cover would work killer over the stick calibers.
As for the Stillen now AP Racing brakes. We had no problem switching out. Everything went smooth. I haven't got to road test them yet, but BiG Al from the DOC has said nothing but great things about them. He's been running them for years on his D. Only thing about the AP Racing/Stillen brakes is you have to have a mininum of 18" wheels. Which you are running 20 I think. Also was having a small problem for the rear to run Slicks but found the 16" rim fits fine and you can get Hoosier in a 16" size

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heavy D said:
Hi John
Didn't know you sent the viper brakes back. Yes those cover would work killer over the stick calibers.
As for the Stillen now AP Racing brakes. We had no problem switching out. Everything went smooth. I haven't got to road test them yet, but BiG Al from the DOC has said nothing but great things about them. He's been running them for years on his D. Only thing about the AP Racing/Stillen brakes is you have to have a mininum of 18" wheels. Which you are running 20 I think. Also was having a small problem for the rear to run Slicks but found the 16" rim fits fine and you can get Hoosier in a 16" size

Great stuff man!! Thanks!!

I'll be doing that next year. And you are correct, I'm running 20's all the time now since the D is no longer a daily driver. Mine, like yours, is also now a trailer queen/weekend-nice-weather-only-driver. :drive: :biggthump

So, in the meantime, just looking to dress things up a bit until I can go with the AP Big6 kit. :biggthump

You makin it to the Plant Tour with your rig? I'll be done by then.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
What a rip off, i will stick with a few buck for the paint. i never even use high temp paint and i never have a problem with it melting off.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok guys, my covers arrived today!! These things look awesome!! I plan to install them soon. Just waiting for my new rotors to get here.

I took some pictures so you can get an idea of size and what comes in the kit.

Still waiting on prices on the CF version. Should know something by tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
You got them bishes on yet? It' is a very intersting idea, but from a performance standpoint. The last thing you'd want is a piece of plastic (I am assuming) COVERING the caliper to hold all the heat IN it... IMHO. My stock brakes suck bad enough, really wouldn't want to make them anyworse...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MeanThree18 said:
You got them bishes on yet? It' is a very intersting idea, but from a performance standpoint. The last thing you'd want is a piece of plastic (I am assuming) COVERING the caliper to hold all the heat IN it... IMHO. My stock brakes suck bad enough, really wouldn't want to make them anyworse...
Not, mine aren't installed yet. Waiting for my new rotors to arrive.

Actually, these are made of sheet metal and then powdercoated. They're not heavy but the material is of a decent thickness.

These won't effect cooling. The sides are open to allow air to funnel in just as normal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.