Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have a 05 4.7L Durango AWD/4x4. Ive already installed a flowmaster catback exhaust system.

I am wondering what CAI intake you guys suggest(pics would be cool too).

And also if anyone has tried any performance/gas saver programmers. ie. Superchips/Bullydog ect....

Thanks

BTW. I am looking for both gas saving, and the ability to have better "fun" performance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I never installed a CAI because they mainly claim they are for mid to upper rpm gains. I am mainly looking for bottom end, part throttle response for towing. I've got a super chips 3865. The economy setting never worked for me, even made gas mileage it worse(14-17mpg). I run the 91 performance tune with 89(gasohol)octane. No pinging and get 18-21mpg. The towing works good, but not for mileage. It gets about the same as the economy tune. I tow a 2460# motorcycle hauler .With tow mode and not raising hell, I get 12-13.5 to the gallon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not sure whats available for the '05 but a catback, K&N Fipk intake, and superchips really woke up my 4.7. Its like a new truck.
Yeah I have a flowmaster cat back already.

I think for right now im going to go with an aFe CAI, and then maybe this summer ill try out one of the superchips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.