1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
They should work and you just use the amber bulbs that are in the truck .. I think... I went with hyper white I used new bulbs .. and they should have the mounting clips on the actull part only one bolt.screw actully holds them in just use the stock one on them if they don't come with a new one ...there pretty easy to install.....

hope this helps man :biggthump

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
WOW they've gotten cheaper. i bought mine last year for ~$40 + shipping. my bulbs under the stock corners were white, so i replaced them with an amber set from autozone.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Is it as easy as just taking out the old stock corners and installing these clear ones with the old factory harness and buying new amber bulbs? Sounds too simple! lol :biggthump

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
damn guess I was wrong about the amber..lol tells ya how long ago I cahnged mine out..lol I have just the amber in the coner and hyper white in the signal and it looks a lot better imo but thats up to you man.... :biggthump

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the difference between the regular clear corners and the diamond style clear corners? Just physical appearance differences? It looks like the diamond clear corners are not SAE/DOT approved? The ones at procarparts.com are not approved I don't think? Are the diamonds not street legal then? They look pretty much the same? Just curious why the diamonds are not street legal?

What are your personal choices on these? Diamond clear or just regular clear?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
The diamond style have a clear front to them instead of the "frosted" look that those have. I hav ethe Diamonds:

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
I have the diamond also a lot cleaner look imo but that just up to you man... ans as long as you have at least the coner light in amber you should be ok .. I have had them with they hyper white in the parking/turn signal postiotions and amber in the corner and have not gotten a ticket for them yet <knocking on wood>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I ended up buying some diamond clear corners off ebay for about $30...that included shipping and supposedly all the bulbs. Well it turned out I had to go out and buy those 4 "larger" bulbs since they forget to pack them. OH well I guess....sh*t happens.

Anyways, put them on (super easy I might add just like some of you said) and I think they look really good! Now I got my truck debadged, have a chrome insert in the grill and now the diamond corners. The next project may be to candy my tailights red. I am going to clean it all up this weekend and take a few pictures of it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a pic of my clear corners. I will be switching the amber bulbs for some chrome bulbs I ordered but haven't received yet.

I have also ordered another chrome piece for the bottom part of my front bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Looks good. I put regular white bulbs in my diamond corners. Compared to the super white headlights, the regular bulbs look yellow. It appears legal when turned on, but no amber color inside the lense when turned off!

I am knocking on wood as well...

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
yah there is only one screw holding them in, dont do what i did i started to unscrew the headlamp adjustment and now i cant see shyt at night, just the trees, neone kno how to adjust up and down???

·
REGISTERED ABUSER
1,520 Posts
keep you factory just in case for you inspection...they dint wanna pass me without them..had to run home get them then they charged me 18 dollars to put them on..bastards...2 un-screws +6 wrist turns=9 dollars??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts