Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way i can drop my dak 4/6? all the drops ive seen say "not for use on a reg cab v6, front not heavy enough". is there a way i can get the full 4/6 slam?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cory you could always put a 408ci Stroker motor in there from KRC Performance... that'll weight it down.

·
Registered
280 Posts
They make the 3/5 drop every where for the v6. Does that one inch lower all around really need that much for weight to make it lower? That sounds kinda iffy to me man. But if they are right, I would have never believed it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, that would probably be cheaper than a 4/6 drop too, but how much harder is it to do?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be any harder than the 4/6 drop. I am pretty sure in the 4/6 drop you have to cut out some notches to support your frame in the back. Buying the coils would eliminate that cutting into the frame part.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ill get this:

western chassis 3/5 drop
ebay for 1" R/T coils
1" block from ??

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah do what IBSRJOE said to do. Get a 3/5 drop from Belltech or DJM and add 1" coils/1" blocks. DON'T ADD 1" R/T coils onto that. Like you said, you have a v6. The R/T coils are made for the weight of a V8 engine, not a V6. They will more than likely lift you 1" instead of dropping you 1". Just get some 1" coils that are made for a V6 from Springtech or somehwere cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts