Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i just found that i have an oppertunity to get some new things for very cheap. But first i have some questions.
1) What exactly does a 180 deg. t-stat do for you? If the only thing that i have done is a homebrew intake, is this even an option for me? Is Hypertech a good one?
2) What is the better of the 4: Jetchip Stage 1 performance chip, Super Chip Micro Tuner, Hypertech Power Programer, or Hypertech PTM.
3) What is the difference between the Power programer and the PTM?
4) What are some good prices for the 4 things listed in question #2?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
.....Bump, even if you can only give me some info on the T-stat or one of the programers, that is fine. I need all the help i can get.

S

·
0 Posts
how did you get this stuff so cheap (if you don't mind me asking)???

I know the 180 stat is to keep the engine run cooler. Not sure how and not sure if the type you have is good or not either. I am interested in these questions as well. do you have an exhaust system?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have any of them yet, but i can get them because we have an internet company that sells car audio so we have access to wholesalers who sell this stuff. No, i do not have an exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
98 Black SLT said:
Ok, i just found that i have an oppertunity to get some new things for very cheap. But first i have some questions.
1) What exactly does a 180 deg. t-stat do for you? If the only thing that i have done is a homebrew intake, is this even an option for me? Is Hypertech a good one?
2) What is the better of the 4: Jetchip Stage 1 performance chip, Super Chip Micro Tuner, Hypertech Power Programer, or Hypertech PTM.
3) What is the difference between the Power programer and the PTM?
4) What are some good prices for the 4 things listed in question #2?

1) It brings the temp of the engine down.

2) Hypertech Power Programer

3) I'll get back to you on that

4) wholesale prices? or prices you would expect to pay from anybody else.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
3) this is what the power programmer does

Hypertech Power Tuning: Tunes the engine for maximum power and performance, plus potential gas mileage improvements

Dual Fuel Tuning: Lets you choose tuning for 87 octane or 93 octane fuel

Engine Rev Limiter: Extends the engines RPM range for a wider power band

Top-Speed Limiter: Allows the vehicle's top speed to be matched to the speed rating of factory approved high-performance tires

Speedometer/Odometer Correction: Automatically corrects speedometer and odometer readings with non-stock tire sizes and/or non-stock rear-end gear ratios

I can't say for the other Hypertech somebody else will have to chime in

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Adam said:
1) It brings the temp of the engine down.

2) Hypertech Power Programer

3) I'll get back to you on that

4) wholesale prices? or prices you would expect to pay from anybody else.
Thanks a lot for the help, and yes, wholesale prices. example: dynomax super turbo exhaust system (complete assy) for only 193.00.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
wholesale prices with out shipping:

power programmer 305.99

Jet 1: 189.99

Super Chip Micro Tuner: 321.99

theres also another price below wholesale

·
Registered
250 Posts
i got the hypertech programer pn 50006 new in the box for 270.00 off e-bay plus 9.99 shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts