Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first box building experiment. I was trying to make a box for two kicker 12"s for my cousin. Didn't go that well, my friend that was helping didn't cut the edges straight and it was messed up looking, so I just scrapped it and am going to start on another one. Does anyone know some tricks for cutting out the hole for the speaker? and which tool to use? I was just going to use a jig saw... but if there are any better ideas, let me know.

·
Registered
872 Posts
use a rotozip with the circle attactment. Or a router with the same thing. What kind of glue were you using to help glue the pieces together.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caulk.... from a caulking gun... or was it silicone.. hmmm. I think it was silicone. I'd have to go look at the tube outside.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
skrole? saws cut well,also use a wood glue only for joints then a silicone for a sealer .if your going to cover it in carpet or vinyl just use some fiberglass or bondo to get it smooth.

·
Registered
872 Posts
gorilla glue is a co2 glue and the way it works is you dampen both sides of the parts you are glueing together. Then apply the glue. The glue reachs witht the water and foams up. The two parts of your project need to be screwed together or clamped tightly, because they will separte.

http://www.gorillaglue.com/gGlue.html

·
Car Audio God
502 Posts
Gorilla Glue is great...but Good Old fashioned wood glue is awesome as well. I'd go with whatever it cheaper...

A jig saw is WAY easier for cutting the subwoofer hole out...that is...if you'ver already drawn the circle on.

NG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts