Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
98 dakota sport
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question ...
Dodge really made the hoods good on the dakotas and full size trucks with studs for assembly and a nut to hold them to the hinge.
I went to loosen a nut the other day for whatever reason and it broke the stud off not enuff room to even try and put a nut on it what can i do ?????
should have listen to dad when he said if its not broke dont fix it now i have something to fix lol... idiot move.... anyways any help much appreciated.

·
98 dakota sport
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i thought about that already but i was wondering if i could replace the stud if it could be turn out or somehting i dont know....

G

·
go to autozone and rent out or buy a stud extractor. i have a set that i used to get rusted out studs out when i took my headers off. all you do is drill a hole in the middle and pop the extractor in and twist it out. i used lock plyers to twist it by hand. when you get it out put a new stud in.

oops. didn't look at the date. hope you got it out.

·
98 dakota sport
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are just a stud so i can get it out ???????

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Could it be a pressed in splined stud? Sort of like the way wheel studs are? You may be able to jsut tap it out
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.