Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem comes after it rains.....My rear drum brakes make a horrible sound until they dry...almost sounds like they are hanging up....any Ideas???

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
My problem comes after it rains.....My rear drum brakes make a horrible sound until they dry...almost sounds like they are hanging up....any Ideas???
normal. that's why disc brakes are so much better. they "self clean" and work all the time...drum brakes won't work when wet, and have to dry themselves out before they'll work.

Imagine what it was like driving cars before 1972 when just about everything had 4 wheel drum brakes.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,250 Posts
normal. that's why disc brakes are so much better. they "self clean" and work all the time...drum brakes won't work when wet, and have to dry themselves out before they'll work.

Imagine what it was like driving cars before 1972 when just about everything had 4 wheel drum brakes.
What do you mean?
Those were the good old days. :jester:
I once had a 63 GMC pickup, it had four wheel non power drums and they were not self adjusting and the single reservoir master cylinder was shared by the hydraulic clutch.
Vehicles have come a long way.

Reactions: WarrensD
1 - 3 of 3 Posts