Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes make a squeak noise as I'm letting up on brake .It has good ,fairly new pads an rotors an calipers an rear drums are in good shape.I also bled the lines .Its a 01 3.9 dakota 2wd .It also feels like air is in line, though I pumped it good to bleed all 4 .
Any idea what to look at ?
Piston maybe sticking?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brakes make a squeak noise as I'm letting up on brake .It has good ,fairly new pads an rotors an calipers an rear drums are in good shape.I also bled the lines .Its a 01 3.9 dakota 2wd .It also feels like air is in line, though I pumped it good to bleed all 4 .
Any idea what to look at ?
Piston maybe sticking?
Thanks
Backer plate be bent or brake grease may be needed on moving parts, i.e., shoes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched out the booster an that helped some but I still have what seems like trapped air .I have spongy pedal that feels like it needs more pump to get firm.I am leaning toward master now but I wanted to test it .
If air got in the ABS am I stuck going to a dealer or can I replace the module,rebleed,etc?
Also ,if I change the master does that cause the abs to have to get purged from a dealer scan tool?
I've done my brakes a lot but not run into this issue with trapped air/ maybe bad master.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. I saw on the old brake booster a line of leaking brake fluid that rusted..I'll be changing the master soon.Will the bleed method on the new one using plugs where the lines go on the vice be the best method ? I also want to test the original one after it's off .
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts