Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short here: I ordered the SSBC rotor kit and cheaped out on the "Xtra Life" plating or whatever. So now there's some pretty attractive orange rust on the parts of the rotors that the pads don't touch. My question is: I've seen spray cans of paint that you can use on rotors, has anybody had any experience with this stuff? http://www.truckperformance.com/pro...oductID=1226380 That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. If I sprayed the rotors with this crap, would it protect them from rust without affecting braking?

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
The link doesnt work, but are you talking about the VHT brake paint? I just painted my rotors with the same stuff because they were rusting. They came out pretty good. I didnt notice any difference in brake performance. I attached a pic of my rotors, and yes i know my truck is dirty and my calipers dont match the rotors......just need time to repaint them... ;^)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, yeah I am talking about the VHT paint. I was going to go with the "Aluminum" color so it wouldn't stand out, but that looks pretty sweet. Did you just tape off all of the rotor that you didn't paint?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.