Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '00 dakota with a v6 and just shy of 130k miles on it. This sound started on Monday morning on the way to work. Wife heard it tonight and she goes "Ohhh lovely sound, that'll drive me nuts!"

What can I do to fix this noise or is it something bigger that I need to worry about?

I think the brake booster is starting to wear out but I hope the shaft just needs to be oiled up.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
You talking about the squeak when you push down on the pedal? If so I had that. I used silicone spray, sprayed on the joint where the pedal pivots and the squeak stopped. No sound comes from booster lol. Just spray up where the pedal pivots and where the shaft is. Its all good. Havent heard the squeak in months.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talking about the squeak when you push down on the pedal? If so I had that. I used silicone spray, sprayed on the joint where the pedal pivots and the squeak stopped. No sound comes from booster lol. Just spray up where the pedal pivots and where the shaft is. Its all good. Havent heard the squeak in months.
Yeah, the squeak comes and goes but the last time I heard this squeak it was over 3 years years ago and very faint. This time its full out screaming at me every time I push the brake pedal. I'll grab some lithium grease spray before I leave work tomorrow and spray the joints under the dash before I leave the parking lot.

Thanks for the tip.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
no problem. stay updated.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem. stay updated.
That was an easy and cheap fix! WD-40 did the trick and shouldn't squeak any time soon. Thanks!:banana2:

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
No problem!!! Glad it worked!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts