Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my brakes replaced like a week ago, and now whenever i start my car the ABS light and the Brake Light stay on. The weird thing is sometimes it doesnt stay on and sometimes it does.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have something to add to that. My Dakota does the same thing. The brake light and the ABS light is on. I think the ABS sensor (not sure if that is the true name) can be replaced for about 60 bucks. the brake light I am not sure of though.

Anyone have any useful information that would help in curing this situation. Not to bust chops but I have posted some questions and get nothing?

Draggin Dak

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
The rear ABS/speed sensor on top of the differential is the most common cause. A lot of people including myself have replaced it. It is a dealer only part. Call around, prices vary greatly from dealer to dealer. It costs 35-45 and is all of 20 min to replace. The speedo may or not be affected. If the speedo is acting up it is a sure sign it is the sensor.

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Neil said:
...It is a dealer only part. Call around, prices vary greatly from dealer to dealer...
Rock Auto Parts lists the ABS sensor for the truck:
Differential, Raybestos #ABS530778, $19.51

Heard it was like $45 at the dealer!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Good source. I've been to the Rock Auto site but had not seen they have the sensor. Since Raybestos is common, I'd bet Pep Boys and the like carry it now. They ranged from 35-49 at the dealers I contacted. I'd seen 22 through the online Dodge dealers.

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
This was posted in another thread, Advance AP has it, but it is $40, and the same brand/part # as Rock Auto (you could not find it by searching by category- had to do a keyword "ABS" search). This means AAP & the like are selling at over 100% markup on this stuff, which means places like Rock Auto will thrive except for emergency repairs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts