Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my brakes replaced like a week ago, and now whenever i start my car the ABS light and the Brake Light stay on. The weird thing is sometimes it doesnt stay on and sometimes it does. Please Help

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
link doesn't work adam

it's your speed sensor guys. Don't forget there's one up front for some of you. adam just changed his out :biggthump

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
rockadaous said:
link doesn't work adam

it's your speed sensor guys. Don't forget there's one up front for some of you. adam just changed his out :biggthump

Link is a yr old no telling what it was lol.

Yeah I just changed mine out after about a yr with it being on my speedo finally stopped working but as soon as I put the new sensor on ABS and Brake light went off and the speedo returned to normal.

If your check engine light is on to don't forget to clear the code by resetting the PCM

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Perhaps this is the source of the Phantom Chime :D. I'll replace the speed sensor & repost here with the results.

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Replaced the sensor on the rear diff & this did not fix the problem. My speedo has always worked, but when the lights are on, the cruise does not work.

Rock Auto lists a tranny speed sensor for $14 or so, and the instructions for the part I replaced on the diff said it will not correct a defective speed sensor. That is my next solution at this point.

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Got energetic today & pissed away another $30 :(. I got the speed sensor & swapped it & STILL have both ABS & Brake dash lights on (I did disconnect the negative cable while this was done). Still have that annoying double-ding as well.

The only thing I can think of at this point is the ring on the axle where the rear mounted sensor (that has already been replaced that said it would NOT correct a speed sensor problem) picks up the ABS signal. This sounds like a lot of work, so it will have to wait.

In the meantime, I have to replace my defective Moog tie rod ends & I'm going to fab up (i.e. weld O2 bungs on one) a round 3" in/out cat. converter for a better fit between it & the tranny (the oval one is tighter than I care for). I'm also going to add a 70 Series Flowmaster while I'm at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts