Dakota Durango Forum banner

Braided lines

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SinCity R/T 
#1 ·
Where can you buy braided lines to replace the rubber lines and hoses on the v8's

#2 ·
boominkota318 said:
Where can you buy braided lines to replace the rubber lines and hoses on the v8's
The universal Spectre kits they sell at Pep Boys/Autozone/etc. work just fine, the heater hose diameter is 5/8" - I had them installed in my silver R/T. You can also replace the various vacuum lines with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2" varieties of the same hoses.

#3 ·
i wanted to go with that look also i think its great, so you said you can get a kit to replace the stock hoses, what about wire loom like most people buy, red or whatever colered wire loom, can you get it like the braided lines? sincity you got any pics of the braided lines on your other truck? good question bro ive looked around for those on the internet some and didnt really find what i was looking for

#4 ·
hit up Summit or Jegs and by the Taylor wire loom and the Spectere braided kit. it just slides over your hoses.

#5 ·
mike98rt said:
i wanted to go with that look also i think its great, so you said you can get a kit to replace the stock hoses, what about wire loom like most people buy, red or whatever colered wire loom, can you get it like the braided lines? sincity you got any pics of the braided lines on your other truck? good question bro ive looked around for those on the internet some and didnt really find what i was looking for

The braided hoses are complete replacements, you can't just slip them on existing hoses.

#6 ·
razman131 said:
hit up Summit or Jegs and by the Taylor wire loom and the Spectere braided kit. it just slides over your hoses.
See above - the braided lines are complete replacements with 360 degree braid, they aren't available in a slip-on format. You can get the black/blue/red/white/etc. plastic loom that slips over the top from just about any local shop or summit/jegs/etc. - I paid maybe $3-5 for each bag of black loom, $15 per bag for the chrome stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.